Monday, October 22, 2012

Cathedrals

Here's the thing with this story. I'd be pretty uncomfortable if my wife had a childhood sweetheart or an old lover come over for any reason to stay at my house. They had this relationship going on for so long and then she invites him over. If it had been the man talking to some ol' dame that he use to be with she would be just as uncomfortable, or I would hope she was. If not I'd be a little concerned that she had so little care for me being in a close relationship with another woman.

What ended up happening though is the blind man, Robert, was becoming friends with the husband. They smoke and drank together, and the husband came around. The wife I think lost her idolized version of Robert when he began smoking, in fact I think she became jealous that Robert and her husband started getting along. The wife seems pretty immature, she sleeps with one man and has been in love with the memory of another. That's still cheating in my mind, she's just sleeping with the man that can provide for her, the social norm as it were.

I think that the man and Robert actually have a better appreciation for each other than Robert and the man's wife, because they are both mature adults. In another situation Robert and the man might have been long time friends, but I think that could still happen. I don't think the man's wife would like that though, she felt left out of the entire thing, but that's what she gets for never growing up. She can't act like an adult, so she doesn't get to appreciate adult things.

This is nothing against women by the way, though a woman did once do this to me, and if it ever happened again... well I would be very upset. However I know that men are just as capable of having an old romance and keeping a flame in their hearts while sleeping with another woman. Its despicable. Love and romance should exist only between husband and wife, so that love can grow between them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment